Call for Unproduced Latin@/x Plays
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 14, 2018
The 50 Playwrights Project (#50PP) is currently soliciting unproduced plays by Latin@/x playwrights for our third annual 50PP’s Best Unproduced Latin@/x Plays List. We are compiling a list of unproduced plays that theatre companies should be producing. Only plays that will be unproduced as of March 1, 2019 are eligible.
#50PP Script Guidelines:
* The script is a work by a Latin@/x playwright.
* The script is an original full-length work.
* The script can be in English or Spanish.
* The script cannot have been produced before March 1, 2019.
* Playwrights can only submit one script.
*Playwrights must submit their script in a PDF file via email by Sunday October 14, 2018 before midnight CST, with the submission information requested below. Please include your name on the script. We no longer accept blind submissions.
*In addition to the script, please submit a cover sheet with the following information (in a separate PDF file): Playwright name, email address, phone number, bio (150-words), title of play, synopsis of the play (150-words), character breakdown, and information about any prior development work for this play.
*Selected plays will be announced in late-February 2019.
*Email submissions to: 50Playwrights@gmail.com
*Email subject line: Last Name, First Name (Play Title)
- Jazmyn Arroyo, Co-Founding Artistic Director, Step1 Theatre Project
- Tatyana-Marie Carlo, MFA Candidate in Directing, Brown University
- Adrian Centeno, Literary Manager, Playwrights’ Arena
- Stephanie Diaz, The Chicago Inclusion Project;16th Street Theater
- Iyvon Edebiri, The Parsnip Ship, Pier 55
- Colby Frederick, Dramaturg
- Nadia Guevara, Associate Artistic Director, New Village Arts; Producer, Teatro Pueblo Nuevo
- Tara A Houston, Assistant Professor of Scenic Design, Louisiana State University
- Chloe Loos, Freelance Dramaturg
- Sarah Marsh Krauter, Literary Manager, Bike City Theatre Company
- Rebecca Martinez, Ensemble Member, Sojourn Theatre
- Alexandra Meda, Artistic Director, Teatro Luna
- Antonio Miniño, Artistic Director, Different Translation
- Megan Monaghan Rivas, Associate Professor of Dramaturgy, School of Drama, Carnegie Mellon University
- Noe Montez, Director of PhD in Theatre and Performance Studies, Tufts University; VP of Board of Directors Company One Theatre
- Jade Power Sotomayor, University of California, San Diego
- Susan Russell, Department of Theatre Arts, Department of Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Gettysburg College
- Michele Shaul, PhD, Professor of Spanish, Queens University of Charlotte
- Jen Shook, Dramaturg and Director; Visiting Assistant Professor in English, Oklahoma State University
- Gina Sandi-Diaz, Assistant Professor of Theatre, California State University Fresno
- Alejandra Venancio, Corporate Communications Associate at Samuel French Inc.
- Michael Weems, Playwright