We are no longer accepting submissions for this contest. For more submission opportunities, visit PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog for a list of tons of contests and other play submission opportunities with deadlines coming up this month.
Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 15, 2017
The 50 Playwrights Project (#50PP) is currently soliciting unproduced plays by Latin@ playwrights for our second annual 50PP’s Best Unproduced Latin@ Plays List. We are compiling a list of unproduced plays that theatre companies should be producing. Only plays that will be unproduced as of March 1, 2018 are eligible.
#50PP Script Guidelines:
* The script is a work by a Latin@ playwright.
* The script is an original full-length work.
* The script can be in English or Spanish.
* The script cannot have been produced before March 1, 2018.
* Playwrights can only submit one script.
*Playwrights must submit their script in a PDF file via email by Sunday October 15, 2017 before midnight CST, with the submission information requested below. Playwright information, including name, should not be included anywhere in the script. We only accept blind submissions.
*In addition to the script, please submit (in a separate PDF file): Playwright name, email address, phone number, title of play, a 100-word overview of the play, and a brief autobiography/playwright background.
*Selected plays will be announced in late-February 2018.
*E-mail submissions to: 50Playwrights@gmail.com
- Adriana Gaviria, Artistic Producer, The Sol Project
- Brian Eugenio Herrera, Assistant Professor of Theater, Princeton University
- Carlo Garcia, Teatro Vista; Lost Rabbit Collective
- Gina Sandi-Diaz, Assistant Professor of Theatre, California State University Fresno
- Jorge Huerta, Chancellor’s Associates Professor of Theatre, Emeritus, University of California San Diego
- Karina Gutiérrez, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Theatre and Performance Studies, Stanford University
- Lucas Garcia, ALTA
- Michele Apriña Leavy, Crowded Fire Theater; BALTAN (Bay Area Latino Theater Artists Network); University of California, Davis
- Shaun Leisher
- Michele Shaul, Professor of Spanish, Director of the Center for Latino Studies, Queens University of Charlotte
- Michelle Lopez-Rios, Associate Professor of Voice & Speech, The Theatre School at DePaul
- Noe Montez, Director of PhD in Theatre and Performance Studies, Tufts University; VP of Board of Directors, Company One Theatre
- Rachael Logue, Co-Artistic Director, Rogue Productions